Updated: Feb 3, 2020
Quique Setien does not think Barcelona need to sign a striker this January as he believes Ousmane Dembele will be "amazing" when he returns from injury.
Barca director Guillermo Amor had already confirmed - before the LaLiga champions’ 5-0 Copa del Rey last-16 win over Leganes - on Thursday evening that they won’t be recruiting any player to fill the void left by Luis Suarez – who has been ruled out until May with a knee injury.
With Dembele back in full training since the weekend after being on the sidelines since November with a thigh injury, Setien is ‘calm’ as he says the January transfer window didn’t give the Blaugrana anything.
When quizzed at the lack of new recruits, Setien said as Marca quoted: "I will be calm. There is a risk of injury and it cannot be controlled. I am used to working with what I have.
"It was not to be. The market did not give us anything, but we will also recover Dembele.
"He is a player who has specific attributes and I think he can give us a lot. He feels comfortable out wide and we will try to take advantage of that.
"I'm sure he will give us a lot with the potential he has and will demonstrate the great player he is. Dembele is going to be amazing."
Dembele signed from Borussia Dortmund for an initial €105m back in August 2017.