Updated: Jun 1, 2020
Barcelona are not negotiating deals for Neymar or Inter forward Lautaro Martinez.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas has quashed rumours linking Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar and Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez with a move to Barcelona. The Blaugranas have been heavily linked with a return move for Neymar, who became the most expensive signing in world football following his €222million move from the Camp Nou to the Parc des princes in 2017. And, Argentine star Martinez, who has scored 16 goals and registered four assists in 31 games across all competitions this season for the Serie A giants is said to be a top transfer target for Barca. With ever-growing speculation that the LaLiga defending champions are keen to land both players, Tebas has responded by saying 'it's not true' Los Cules will be signing PSG's Neymar or Inter forward Lautaro, adding that they have other pressing issues at hand amid the coronavirus chaos.
More: Tanguy Ndombele is wanted by LaLiga giants Barcelona. "It's not true that Barca are currently in negotiation processes in the signing of these two players," he told the Adea Conecta forum on Friday. "They are most focused on when the season can resume as opposed to new acquisitions. There will be swap deals in the short-term future, but transfers are not high on the priority of European clubs at present. "They want to limit the damage caused by the halt in activity, but everything is still on hold. No Neymar nor Lautaro, these names are not high on the priority list at present for Barca." Tebas added: "The club at present don't have the capacity to make these signings, at present it's completely impossible."
The 2019-20 Laliga campaign was suspended last month due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has major harm in Spain.