Liverpool's stuttering start to the 2015/16 season is down to their failings in the summer transfer window, says former director of football Damien Comolli.
Comolli reckons the Reds - who have won just two of their opening five Premier League games - haven't done the right business in terms of recruiting players and are paying the price for their mistakes.
Brendan Rodgers’ side lost 3-1 to Manchester United, making it their second defeat on the bounce.
"As I said before the beginning of the season, it was a massive gamble to change as many players as they did in the summer, as they did last summer," the Frenchman told talkSPORT.
“If you look at it on Saturday, the two full-backs were new and the left-back is not a left- back - and you could see that on the third goal.
“Out of the three in midfield, for me they had not one new player but two because though [Emre] Can has been at the club for a while he has never played in midfield.
"The attacking three were all new players as well. So, in reality it is seven new players and they looked like they’d never played together before, which makes sense.
"There were people playing out of position, players like [Roberto] Firmino, who has come back from the Copa America and hasn’t had a proper pre-season with the team.
“It’s going to take time, but I’ve said previously that it was a huge gamble that they took after they’d taken a huge gamble last season - and it is going to be difficult.
“By time they start to gel together, if they do, other teams will have a lot of points.”