Diego Costa has no plans to change his style of play.


Chelsea striker Diego Costa has said he will not change his combative playing style as he gets ready for their Capital One Cup final against Tottenham.

The Brazilian-born Spain international returned to action last week against Burnley after he was handed a three match ban for stamping on Liverpool's Emre Can in the League Cup semi-final second-leg at Stamford Bridge.

However, Costa who insists the incident with Can wasn’t intentional is convinced his superb start to life at the west London club - which has seen him score 18 Premier League goals - has been spoilt by controversy.

But, the former Atletico striker isn’t bothered and says he will not be holding back against the Lilywhites at Wembley on Sunday.

"I'm not going to change my way of playing," Costa said.

"I do know now that I have to be a little bit more careful because it's not the same when I do something or when someone else does it.

"Something I do, it's talked about much more than another player.

"I have to be extra careful but I'm never going to change the way I play. That's what got me here. That's the way I play."

The 26-year-old had scored 18 goals in the Premier League but hasn’t registered a goal in any other competition for the Blues since his arrival in the summer.

"When I was at my best, I had that suspension that I still don't even know why it happened," said Costa.

"Now, I'm running a little bit behind, trying to do my best, working hard and hopefully I'll be 100 per cent."

"I don't pick tournaments to score, or rivals or other teams to score against. I'm a striker, every game I play I want to score. If it hasn't happened in the cup, I'm hoping to God it happens on Sunday."


0 comments

Recent Posts

See All