top of page

Jan Vertonghen's family are recovering after being victims of a home burglary.

Belgium international Jan Vertonghen says family are 'in shock' but doing okay.

The Belgium centre-back was part of the Spurs squad beaten 3-0 at RB Leipzig. [Getty]
The Belgium centre-back was part of the Spurs squad beaten 3-0 at RB Leipzig. [Getty]

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen has confirmed his family are doing okay following the burglary incident that took place at his home last week Tuesday.


The Belgium international revealed he was away for Spur's Champions League match against RB Leipzig while his wife and children were held by four men, who wore balaclavas and wielded machetes as they stole electrical items.


"I'm okay. Obviously it's a big shock for everyone," Vertonghen told The Sun.


"The family are in shock but okay. It is what it is."


A statement issued by the Metropolitan Police read: "Police were called to a residential address in NW3, at 19.49hrs on Tuesday, 10 March to a report of a burglary. Officers attended.

"It was reported four men wearing balaclavas, armed with knives, had entered the property and stolen a number of items before leaving.


"Nobody was injured. The suspects had left the scene before officers arrived.


"There have been no arrests. Enquiries continue."


The police and Tottenham Hotspur have urged anyone with information that could assist with the enquiry to call 101 and give the reference CAD 7358/10Mar.


0 comments
bottom of page