Zabaleta confirms City stay.


Zabaleta confirms Manchester City stay.


Manchester City right back Pablo Zabaleta has confirmed that he will be staying at the Etihad this season.

The Argentina international, who has been heavily linked with a move to Serie A side Inter Milan, has confirmed he won't be leaving the Citizens after new boss Pep Guardiola assured him first-team football this season.

After Man City’s 3-2 pre-season friendly defeat to Arsenal on Sunday, the 31-year-old told Manchester Evening News: “There was a lot of speculation - that came from the media. I don’t know how many times I was away to Italy. It was incredible.

Read More: Liverpool have to cope with high expectations, says Wijnaldum.

“I’ve always been away from that because I knew from the first day it was my decision [to stay]. I had been told my the new manager that I was part of this squad for this season, so I am more than pleased for this because City was my priority.

“I know I only have one year left on my contract, so that creates a lot of speculation about my future but I didn’t decide anything before I came back for pre-season to meet the manager and hear from him what was my situation. I am so happy to be part of Manchester City for this season.”

Rumours has it that Roberto Mancini’s dismissal at Inter Milan affected Zabaleta’s decision to stay put.

Read More: Oscar is full of confidence heading into the 2016/17 Premier League campaign.

#EPL #Mcfc

Photographs: The photographs on the site are not owned by Think Football Ideas and we do not claim ownership of these images by any means. All the images are the sole property of their respective owners. 

 

A huge thanks to Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Getty Images, Reuters, Action Images, PA Sport, and Marca.

        Advertise With Us