Updated: May 28
Jose Mourinho Tottenham boss says there'll be a lack of money due to the financial impact of COVID-19.
There will be no erratic spending for Premier League clubs in the next transfer window, according to Jose Mourinho.
With the Lilywhites sitting in 8th spot in the league amid a below-par campaign so far, the Spurs fans will be expecting reinforcements, but the Portuguese has poured cold water on reports suggesting the north London club will be on a spending spree.
He also admitted his players are raring to return to action.
"The first question after that is when will the transfer window be?" Mourinho told Sky Sports. "I don't think it will be in July or August anymore, it has to go further than that.
"It is normal you are going to have a different market, I don't see the world – especially the football world – ready for some crazy numbers we used to have.
"I would like my club to be what I know what we will be: sensible, balanced and not going to spend rivers of money. We are trying to respect the situation, not just the football but the situation in the world and society overall."
The Ex-Chelsea and Manchester United coach continued: "To be honest in this moment it is the last thing we are thinking.
"In the club we are not thinking about it. No talks about it, because in this moment we think about safety, following every rule inside of the training ground, we are trying to be perfect, not just in the testing but in everything in the club, we are trying to be perfect.
"Since the moment Bundesliga started, the Portuguese league and Spanish league announced a date to start, I think it is the most difficult moment for us, because we want to play.
"It is hard to see other countries playing football and we don't do it."